Temple Sholom is purposeful about opportunities for Jewish meaning. We believe that there is a lifelong continuum to sacred living requiring ongoing attention and intention. Every congregant pursues an individualized Jewish spiritual path within the context of a nurturing, creative, and holy community. Through a holistic approach to congregational life, every encounter with the synagogue, worship, learning, and community are opportunities for sacred meaning and growth. We are not a congregation of consumers; we are a sacred congregation who deeply believe in the power of personal and communal connections to the Divine.
At Temple Sholom we…
- Support the sacred process of the personal spiritual journey
- Foster community that is committed to the hachnasat orchim (hospitality) through our commitment to inclusion and diminishing social barriers
- Dedicated to K’lal Yisrael (Jewish peoplehood) and the unique relationship we have as individuals and as a group with the Divine.
- We embrace that Jewish identity is broadly defined by culture, religious practice, realtionships and/or through ancestry
- Understand the vital need for genuine involvement of lay leadership
- Open to a culture of experimentation
- See Gemillut Chasadim (acts of loving-kindness) as sacred acts of compassion that contribute to a more whole and peaceful world
- Promote an environment of creative spiritual expression
- Advocate for Tzedek (justice) in our world
- Cultivate personal and family Jewish practice for the home
- Encourage individuals to seek out the presence of a higher power/ God/ Adonai in their daily actions and relationships
- Recognize that the changes we implement are substantive Jewish additions to our community, based in our sacred history and the values of our community
Temple Sholom is a sacred Jewish community who offers a meaningful framework for personal and communal connections with God, Torah, Israel, and Community.